There is no right or wrong way to use a crystal, and different crystals can often be used for similar things. So when choosing a crystal, regardless of whether it is your first or you've collected hundreds, go with whichever one you instinctively and aesthetically are drawn too. You'll often find when you read about the crystal that it is just the one you need. (interestingly enough - if you find a crystal you absolutely can't stand the look of - it may be telling you that there is something here you need to look at and work on).
When you receive your crystals - it is important to first cleanse them and then "program it" to work in a specific way for you. You can cleanse your crystals in many ways. Simply place it on a Selenite crystal, light a Palo Santo stick and let the smoke envelop it, or rinse it in water and put it in a cup of salt overnight.
When your crystal is cleansed, hold it in your hands and say out loud; "I remove all past programming from this crystal". Then next set your own intention by saying out loud; "with love and light I program this crystal to ..." - insert what it is you would like it to help you with. An example of an intention could be "remind me to take a breath and relax" or "help me achieve my goals of ..." or "help me sleep better".
The more you touch and use your crystal, the more regularly you'll want to cleanse it. (without needing to program it). And as crystals hold energy, place them by a window or outside every so often to "re-charge" them.
Scroll down and find your favourite crystal(s), then read what it can do for you!
Clear Quartz; Clear Quartz is known as the "master healer" because of its ability to create balance and harmony within our whole body. Besides being absolutely beautiful to look at, it is also said to bring clarity and focus, and be a powerful stone for manifesting your goals and dreams.
Amethyst;Amethyst is a natural stress reliever that can encourage calm, peace, inner strength, spiritual growth, trusting your intuition and creativity. It attracts positive energy while clearing out and protects agains any negative energy.
Selenite;Selenite is the perfect crystal to cleanse ourselves, our environment and other crystals. It is said to quickly unblock and remove any negative or stagnant energy, and can evoke a calming energy to bring deep peace and mental clarity.
Rose Quartz;Rose Quartz opens the heart to all types of love including self-love. It is said to help to heal all aspects of the heart, balance our emotions, and restore passion and self-esteem.
Black Tourmaline;A powerful crystal for protection and elimination of negative energy around you. It is said to help ground you, re-balance and unblock any stagnant energy within your own body, help to neutralise negative thoughts, and absorb harmful electromagnetic energy.
Smokey Quartz;Smokey Quartz is a grounding, centring and stabilising stone that makes it ideal for meditation. It it also said to help overcome negative emotions such as stress, fear, jealousy and frustration.
Blue Lace Agate;This calming blue colour emits soothing vibrations that bring peace of mind and relaxation. One of the best crystals for stress, anxiety and sleep.
Botswana Agate;These pink and grey agate crystals (Botswana Agate) are said to be healing and grounding stones. The beautiful colours and patterns are comforting and soothing, reminding us that we sometimes need to take a step back to regain our balance and release stress and negativity. It can also help connect us to the feminine energy - the loving, nurturing, relaxing and creative.
Crystals hold energy, and so ensuring that the crystals you buy are ethically sourced (with fair working conditions for those mining the crystals), is so important. All the crystals here at YinMama are guaranteed to be 1st grade quality (the best) and ethically sourced. You can shop your favourite ones here.
Have a wonderful day, Love
To all dreamers out there… ”The world needs that special gift that only you have” - Marie Forleo
So whether it's dreaming about creating a family, being the best mother possible, finding a new partner, traveling the world or turning a passion into a business… please know that you can.
My advice would just be to make sure you know why you want it, and know it takes patience, presence and kindness. Do it with joy and surround yourself with people that help you shine your light.
Because there are always going to be people who say you can’t do something. Who raise eyebrows the moment you step out of the mould. Who say to your face that “its cool you're trying, but I don't think you’ll be successful”
But please know that anything anyone ever says to you, they’re speaking from their own experiences. Their fears. It has nothing to do with you.
2,5 years ago I wasn’t on instagram and had barely touched a camera. I had never written anything other than school essays and had no idea how to create a product or run a business. Trust me - you can learn anything.
We all have expanders - people we look up to who we wish we could be more like or do something similar. Wanna know a secret? The reason you look up to them is because something in you is telling you that you can too. You have those gifts, you just need to remember and take the necessary action to create it for yourself.
2,5 years ago I had someone help me understand and see my own gifts and talents, something I will be forever grateful for. I had an idea, a vision for what I wanted to create, and since they already had a business, we decided to team up. We started a new business together and I worked by butt off for weeks and weeks, learning and turning my idea into a physical product. I quit my job and went all in.
2 weeks later they changed their mind and wanted out. That was ok. Remember you are always allowed to change your mind, at anytime for any reason. And honestly I panicked for about a day, but I had a feeling deep down that things were happening just as they were meant too...
After having treated so many patients for symptoms of stress while working 6 years as an acupuncturist, I wanted to create something that would help women find more time and space for calm and balance in their lives, and so the blog YinMama was born. I spent 2 years learning all about business, photography, and created an online course (which opens once a year now). So much work, but oh so much fun.
When covid-19 broke out and we all went into lock down, I think many of us were forced to face some fears. To look at old patterns and make necessary changes to how we are living our lives…
And the thing that came up for me? Feeling stuck. Like I wasn’t moving forward because something was missing. I realised I had blocked a large part of me - creating the products that I started my journey doing in the first place, products I know will help so many create more calm in their busy everyday lives. Fear and shame will do that to you... Worrying if you can do it alone, what people will think and believing the hurtful things that someone might have once said.
Im sharing this because there is one thing that shame and fear can’t take… the light. In sharing my own fears and the journey from then to now, Im hoping it can inspire someone else to follow their dream. To follow that voice inside that says “hmm, maybe I can…”
Because regardless of what someone else’s opinion of you may be or of what they believe you should or shouldn't be doing, it doesn’t matter because it's their opinion and has nothing to do with you. Don’t dim your light just because someone else doesn’t understand. As Lisa Nichols would say, “If someone else can’t handle your light, then honey hand them some shades”. Be true and you do you.
My heart and soul goes into everything I create, and tomorrow I am so excited to be sharing the YinMama Calm and Care Collection with you!
In an increasingly hectic everyday life where most of the things we do are by habit and often subconscious, taking some time to create our own rituals can be a lovely way to slow down, tune-in and care for ourselves.
A simple everyday thing we do like drinking a cup of coffee, doing some stretching, taking a bath or putting on a face-mask, can be something that we just do out of habit and because we like it, we know it helps our body and it can give us a nice glow... For some taking time for self-care may even feel a bit indulgent, superficial or selfish. But the moment we add intention to what we are doing and slow down enough to do it with presence, it can change not only how we feel within ourselves but it can also help us to be more mindful in our everyday life.
Rituals and ceremonies have been practiced for hundreds of years and although for some it is connected to religion, it is actually a natural and for some a spiritual practice. Making and drinking tea in Japan is a sacred tea ritual where a great deal of time, presence and love is poured into it. Self-care practices using clay masks, baths and beauty products have been important rituals for women through centuries as a way to celebrate the feminine energy, and to take time to be thankful for and give back to our body's that do so much for us.
A ritual, however big or small, can be about simply taking some time for yourself to nourish, nurture, love and care for yourself.
Having been fascinated by rituals and read a lot about why they can be beneficial to our well-being, I have learnt that rituals can help us to connect inward and access, honour and strengthen our own confidence and identity. It can make something ordinary feel meaningful, creating a sense of purpose and belonging. It can help us tune in to our needs and keep us focused on our goals. It can allow time and space to do something meaningful and to practice gratitude. And it can be a much needed break from all the business of life and simply be with yourself.
I personally created a morning routine a few years ago that has adapted and evolved, and now become a sacred time for myself. I create a ritual where I start by moving and stretching my body to connect inwards. Then I light some Palo Santo to cleanse my energy and use essential oils to centre and calm myself, helping me to tune in to myself with meditation. Crystals are known to hold energy and so I love to them in different ways to strengthen my intention. Throughout the day I keep them with me as reminders to take a breath, release stress and tension, or simply to have something to hold and rest my eyes on when I need a moment of calm.
By taking this time to myself I notice how much more aware I am of my own energy throughout the day, making it easier to check in more often, connect with my breathing and not do too much (leaving more energised in the evening rather than depleted). I notice how by taking the time to be grateful for and enjoy even the most simple everyday things, it makes me enjoy them so much more and I feel it helps to increase my overall health and well-being.
Everyone is different so your needs might naturally differ from mine, which is why creating rituals is very personal. A few ways to help them become a natural part of your life is to;
- Take something you do everyday and incorporate more presence and love into doing it.
- When creating a new ritual like incorporating meditation into your day, try doing it at the same time every day and in the same place.
- Involve your senses by adding smells such as essential oils, something to hold and touch to help you connect with your body, and sight - something to rest your eyes on to help you stay present.
- "Open and close" your ritual. If you want to journal, opening your ritual could be clearing your table and making some tea, preparing you for what you're about to do. Closing it could be putting it back in its place and being grateful for having spent that time journaling. I personally love to meditate and so I open my ritual by burning Palo Santo, and close it by thinking of all that I am grateful for and putting everything neatly away in its place.
I believe in these moments so deeply that when deciding to launch an online shop, I wanted to include a ritual kit that would contain what I personally use and find to be so helpful in my rituals. The YinMama Calm & Care Ritual Kit is perfect for creating your own self-care and meditation ritual to help you take moments out of your busy day to calm and care for your mind and body. It contains;
A beautiful essential oil roller with lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood and frankincense essential oils in a base of organic coconut oil, infused with rose quartz crystals. It smells heavenly and can instantly help us feel more calm and grounded, with clear mind and increased sense of wellbeing.
3 palo santo sticks to cleanse and bless your space and yourself.
6 ethically sourced crystals;
〰 raw Amethyst
〰 Rose Quartz
〰 Smokey Quartz
〰 Black Tourmaline
〰 Blue lace agate
It comes beautifully wrapped in a re-usable box, with a "how to" card and a white linen pouch for your crystals.
It will be available next week and I'm so excited to share it with you!
Wishing you a wonderful day, love
Closing for self-care and spiritual maintenance because I practice what I preech
I always talk about Yin and Yang and how there needs to be a balance between the two. And the past few weeks I have been hustling and working hard to prepare launching the YinMama shop and a new exciting project starting in august. Now I LOVE working on my buisness (and i’m pretty sure that I didn’t know better or have my son, I would work non-stop), but after a period of being very much in yang energy, my body needs Yin now. My family is taking a 4 week holiday and I want to disconnect completely and really be present. I want to rest and care for my mind and body so that I can truly ENJOY the next chapter come august!!
So i’m taking a break from social media and from the blog to rest, spend time with family, be out in nature, practice yoga and self-care, and just fill my own cup. I know deep down that by doing this - i will have so much more energy and creativity for whats to come. Have a wonderful summer and see you again soon!
SP6 is one of the most common points to use for treating gynaecological, emotional or digestive issues. This point can help to strengthen our liver-, spleen- and kidney energy, nourish the blood and yin energy, and calm the mind. It can also help to move stagnant energy (often from emotional stress) and remove what in Chinese medicine is known as “dampness” - that often can make us feel sluggish, fatigued and brain fogged. All in all a pretty great point to use whenever you want to re-balance your body´s hormones and energy.
SP6 is located on the inside of your leg, one hand width from the highest point on your ankle, just off the tibia bone. This point is often very tender, press and hold with medium pressure or massage it gently clockwise while taking 5 deep belly breaths. Pause and repeat three times before moving on to the last point.
Important: do not use this point if pregnant!
Great to combine with YinTang, ST36 and KI1 to calm your mind and relax your body.
With summer approaching and exciting things happening soon, I'm working hard to get stuff done before we start our family vacation next week. And in the midst of working late, planning and overthinking a few things, I came across a post on instagram that inspired and reminded me of a few key mindset shifts that are so easy to forget when life gets busy, but that we all need reminding of sometimes. So I wanted to share them with you.
1. The race is long and in the end - it is only with yourself. Take your time and remember that the most important thing is to enjoy your life. Plan for the future - but find joy in the now.
2. There are a million things you could be doing but ask yourself if you want to be doing them. Get super clear on how you spend your time and energy and tune in to your body to let it guide you. Do you feel uplifted, energised and calm while doing something? or stressed, uptight or overwhelmed? Do none (or much less) of the latter and find the balance between what you really need to do and what you love to do.
3. Adopt an attitude of gratitude. Really be so thankful for everything you have and get to do. That morning coffee that tastes so good - savour it. The hug from your little one - be there and feel it so hard your heart almost bursts with love. Look up from your phone and take in the beautiful nature around you.
4. Be in the now. Have a conversation with a friend or partner without talking about something that is going to happen in the future and stop yourself the moment you find yourself drifting off mid conversation. Be here.
5. Cultivate a growth mindset - be a student of life. We all make mistakes and no one is perfect, so be curious. When bad things happen think - how can I learn from this? When amazing things happen - take the win! Acknowledge it and take a moment to enjoy and celebrate it.
6. Enjoy the sunshine. Smile and breathe. Some things can just wait...
So what things can you let go of to feel lighter, happier and more free? And what can you be grateful for in this moment?
Have a wonderful day, love
How we feel is greatly affected by the energy and environment around us, and our home should be a space where we can feel relaxed and re-charge our batteries. So today I want to share 5 lovely ways to up the good vibes in our home!
1. Most of us thrive in a tidy and simplistic environment (this can immediately put our brain waves into alpha waves - a resting state where we feel relaxed, in the here and now, and more open to creative thinking and learning). But with a three year old at home, our house can look and feel a bit chaotic throughout the day. So instead I aim to make areas relaxing and pleasing to the eye. We have plenty of green plants all around the house, a space where I always do my morning stretches and yoga, and keep a few vases with flowers, coffee table books and candles on our kitchen table. These are little things to rest my eyes on and can help me to feel calm throughout the day.
2. Take a few minutes in the morning to make the bed and open curtains and windows to let the fresh air and light flood in. This can immediately make our environment feel lighter and happier.
3. It is no secret that I love crystals. I like to place them around the house and little ones in my pockets as reminders to breathe and relax. (I also believe they radiate positive vibes and help to transform or keep negative energy away...)
4. Smell is a powerful way to enhance any mood, so I like to use scented candles or essential oils to uplift during the day, and wind down in the evening (or when I need a moment of calm). I love the candles by North & Lights as they are hand-poured in Norway by the sweetest girl Christine. Not only do I like to support small businesses that are passionate about what they do, these candle have such a beautiful scent and are 100% natural made from rapeseed wax and phtalate free fragrances (containing no harmful toxins so they are safe and healthy to use!). This candle is called Daydream and is sponsored, but I have purchased several myself prior to this post so I highly recommend them. You can check them our here.
5. Before we come in to the house, we are very aware of what things and what energy we ourselves are bringing in. As a family we want our space to be a little haven, so making sure we let go of stuff that isn't really serving us, helps us feel lighter and more relaxed at home.
What things do you do for yourself that help you stay calm and energised at home? Hope you found these tips useful and have a wonderful day x
This post contains sponsored items/ advertisement.
Gua sha is an ancient self-care practice that has been used in Chinese medicine for over 2000 years. This sweet and simple tool can help to increase blood circulation, aid lymphatic drainage, rejuvenate-, tone and smooth skin, boost collagen, combat pigmentation as well as dark circles and puffy eyes, define your jawline, reduce wrinkles and give you a healthy looking glow! Em yes please.
I love to use mine in the morning - especially if my face is feeling or looking puffy. With clean hands and face, i apply cram or oil and gently massage my face using the Gua sha tool with gentle strokes from the centre of my face, outwards and upwards.
If you haven't got one, I would absolutely recommend them! Not only is it easy to incorporate into a self-care routine, it is a lovely way to spend a few minutes loving and caring for yourself while taking a few deep breaths. There are many types and shapes on the market, most of them are made of crystal (like jade or rose quartz) which gives not only a wonderful cooling effect, but also the good vibes that crystals hold. When purchasing one, avoid the cheapest types as they are often made of synthetic materials that could irritate your skin.
Hope you're have a wonderful evening and happy massaging!
P.S. If you're wondering where to buy one, hint hint you may be able to buy one here at YinMama pretty soon ;)
Taking time to relax and wind down after a long day is vital for our health and well-being. But if our mind is spinning and we’re feeling stressed, anxious or frustrated, it isn’t always so easy. Using acupressure points on yourself can be a great way to calm your mind and relax your body..
I just published a new article in the major online magazine the Elephant Journal sharing 3 Simple Acupressure Points for Instant Calm that you can use anytime you're feeling stressed, anxious or frustrated
You can read the article here and I would be so grateful if you could like and share it if you find it helpful
Have a wonderful day! Love
Get Instant Free Access to The Calm Guide ✨
7 days of simple tips to calm and care for your mind and body, so that you can feel more relaxed, present and happy.