How we feel is greatly affected by the energy and environment around us, and our home should be a space where we can feel relaxed and re-charge our batteries. So today I want to share 5 lovely ways to up the good vibes in our home!
1. Most of us thrive in a tidy and simplistic environment (this can immediately put our brain waves into alpha waves - a resting state where we feel relaxed, in the here and now, and more open to creative thinking and learning). But with a three year old at home, our house can look and feel a bit chaotic throughout the day. So instead I aim to make areas relaxing and pleasing to the eye. We have plenty of green plants all around the house, a space where I always do my morning stretches and yoga, and keep a few vases with flowers, coffee table books and candles on our kitchen table. These are little things to rest my eyes on and can help me to feel calm throughout the day.
2. Take a few minutes in the morning to make the bed and open curtains and windows to let the fresh air and light flood in. This can immediately make our environment feel lighter and happier.
3. It is no secret that I love crystals. I like to place them around the house and little ones in my pockets as reminders to breathe and relax. (I also believe they radiate positive vibes and help to transform or keep negative energy away...)
4. Smell is a powerful way to enhance any mood, so I like to use scented candles or essential oils to uplift during the day, and wind down in the evening (or when I need a moment of calm). I love the candles by North & Lights as they are hand-poured in Norway by the sweetest girl Christine. Not only do I like to support small businesses that are passionate about what they do, these candle have such a beautiful scent and are 100% natural made from rapeseed wax and phtalate free fragrances (containing no harmful toxins so they are safe and healthy to use!). This candle is called Daydream and is sponsored, but I have purchased several myself prior to this post so I highly recommend them. You can check them our here.
5. Before we come in to the house, we are very aware of what things and what energy we ourselves are bringing in. As a family we want our space to be a little haven, so making sure we let go of stuff that isn't really serving us, helps us feel lighter and more relaxed at home.
What things do you do for yourself that help you stay calm and energised at home? Hope you found these tips useful and have a wonderful day x
This post contains sponsored items/ advertisement.